Thailand Rat Snakes and Racers
- Banded Rat Snake (Oriental Rat Snake) – Ptyas mucosa
- Black-striped Mountain Racer – Oreocryptophis purphyracea nigrofasciata
- Green Tree Racer – Rhadinophis prasina.
- Indo-Chinese Rat Snake – Ptyas korros.
- Keeled Rat Snake – Ptyas carinatus.
- Malayan Racer – Coelognathus flavolineatus
- Radiated Rat Snake (Copper-headed Racer) – Coelognathus radiata.
- Red-tailed Racer – Gonyosoma oxycephalum.
- Red Mountain Racer – Oreocryptophis porphyraceus
- Ridley’s Racer – Orthriophis taeniurus ridleyi
- White-bellied Rat Snake – Ptyas fusca
- Yunnan Stripe-tailed Racer – Orthriophis taeniiurus yunnamensis
6 thoughts on “Rat Snakes”
Can you call. I want to know if the snake I am asking about that I found at my home is of a poisonest snake?
sorry, I just saw this. Email is the best way to reach me as I’m always online. email@example.com.
Vern im currently living in Sakon Nakhon Isaan. We have somme baby cobras coming into garden. i worry because my son plays in garden. Ive killed two, what is your advice??
Get my book – Keep Snakes Out!
Cobras can have a lot of eggs… so keep your child inside until you have searched the entire place for them. There is nobody I know who can come and get them for you up there. Be careful they are not spitting cobras – because they can spit far – 2-3 meters without wind.
hello everybody :)
On your wunderful website you show a lot of different rat snakes.
I’m looking since a year for an ptyas nigromarginatus female. May you breed some of theee species?
I live in Europe. It would be very nice if you could help me! :) For informations
and answers contact me per e-mail.
Thanks already for your help
And sorry for my english
Love from Switzerland
They are incredible looking snakes. I don’t believe in keeping snakes in tanks. Hope you never find what you’re looking for. ;)