Other Potentially Dangerous Thailand Snakes
With the exception of the Red-necked Keelback, these snakes are not traditionally listed as venomous, but significant reactions have occurred in some people after bites and envenomation by the following snakes. Great care should be taken with these snakes.
- Blue-necked Keelback – Macrophistodon rhodomelas.
- Green Keelback – Rhabdophis nigrocinctus. Possibly medically significant bites due to sharing Rhabdophis genus with the red-necked keelback.
- Orange-lipped Keelback – Macropisthodon flaviceps.
- Red-necked Keelback – Rhabdophis subminiatus. Potentially deadly. The venom is very strong, on par with some of the kraits.
- Speckle-bellied Keelback – Rhabdophis chrysargos. Possibly medically significant bites due to sharing Rhabdophis genus with the red-necked keelback.