Smaller scorpions, usually brown, can cause greater pain and the pain can last 1-3 days. It can be tough to get through.
Here’s a Special UV Flashlight that makes scorpions glow in the dark so you can easily spot them in your yard among leaves, dirt, and fallen debris.
It makes it easy to find out if you have scorpions in your garage or in your yard.
THE GOOD NEWS IS – NO THAILAND SCORPION SPECIES IS CONSIDERED DEADLY.
THE BAD NEWS IS – Anaphylactic shock can affect anyone after a bite by any venomous animal – Scorpion, ant, bee, bug, centipede, snake, etc. READ ALL BELOW.
What To Do with Scorpion Sting in Thailand?
1. Check the list of symptoms of anaphylactic shock below. If you have any of those, have someone drive you to the hospital immediately.
2. If you are just experiencing pain – even severe – you can relax because that’s what a scorpion sting is – pain, until it goes away.
3. Take Cetirizine (Zyrtec) pills according to dosage info on the package, or at the pharmacist or your doctor. These are antihistamine (anti-allergy) pills which will help the symptoms.
List of Symptoms of Anaphylactic Shock (Life-threatening)
Symptoms of Anaphylaxis usually occur within 5-60 minutes. HAVE SOMEONE DRIVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Red rash, with hives/welts, that is usually itchy (It is possible to have a severe allergic reaction without skin symptoms.)
- Swollen throat or swollen areas of the body (It is possible to have a severe allergic reaction without skin symptoms.)
- Passing out
- Chest tightness
- Trouble breathing, cough
- Hoarse voice
- Trouble swallowing
- Stomach cramping
- Pale or red color to the face and body
- Feeling of impending doom
Here’s a video of me using the a UV Flashlight to find a Black Asian Forest Scorpion in Thailand (works anywhere in world).